Friday 8 January 2016

Recipe - Chocolate Brownie bites

Being relatively new to Paleo, I still get the odd sugar/chocolate/sweet thing craving (plus in my other life I'm a cake maker which doesn't help). These delicious little morsels are almost a weekly treat in my house now, even my boys love them and one of them HATES nuts!! They're packed full of fibre, protein and healthy fats so keep some in the fridge for a mid afternoon energy boost, or just enjoy with a cuppa as an after dinner treat.

It's such a simple and tasty recipe, I'm sure it will be a regular in your home too!

Makes about 12

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups pecans (or walnuts if preferred)
1 cup pitted dates
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Method

  1. Place all of the ingredients in a high speed food processor or blender and blitz until everything is combined and there are no chunky bits.
  2. With the processor still running, drizzle in a little water (1-2tbsp) to bring the mixture together.
  3. Using your hands, roll into golf ball sized balls.
  4. Allow a couple of hours chilling time before eating!
Will keep for about a week in the fridge but I bet they don't last that long :-)

Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment