You can pretty much add any veggies you have lurking in the fridge. Chopped red peppers would work really well, as would broccoli or courgette.
If you're pressed for time in the morning, make these the night before for an easy breakfast option. Go on, put that alarm clock on snooze for another 10 minutes!!
3 paleo friendly sausages, skins removed
1 carrot, grated
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 spring onions, finely chopped
handful of fresh spinach
small handful of fresh basil leaves
8 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 (fan). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil
- In a frying pan, cook the sausages until browned, breaking up into small pieces as you toss them around the pan.
- In a bowl combine the carrot, tomatoes, spring onions and spinach.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs.
- Once the sausage is cooked, turn off the heat and add the vegetables, stirring to combine until the spinach has wilted from the residual heat. Then add the basil.
- Add the sausage and veggie mixture to the eggs and give it a good mix.
- Fill each muffin tin to about three quarters. Be careful not to overfill as the mixture will rise a little.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the eggs look completely set and the tops are slightly golden.
These can be eaten straight away or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. To reheat, pop a couple in the microwave for about 30 seconds.